Friday, October 21, 2011

New Bathroom Ideas

On March 3, 2011, Andrew and I purchased our first home in Southern Pines, NC. It is about 2800 sq ft and has some very unique features. We love the pool and the large yard, the basement and the garage are so wonderful for storage and Andrew's workout area/my sewing room. Obviously when you buy a house, there are things that you won't like and the colors of the rooms upstairs were hideous. Our bedroom and bathroom were electric blue....Now a soothing green. Mason's room was yellow and now a light baby boy blue. Well my next project is the guest bathroom which happens to be fushia pink with a huge ugly brown vanity and cabinet behind the door. I have been brainstorming on Pinterest and I think I have decided on colors and a theme. I want it to be boyish and kid friendly for Mason but I also want it to be modern/vintage for my style and to be soothing for guests. Here are the ideas and styles I have come up with :)


 The Blues and whites are my favorite. They are so soothing and go great with brown, which is my favorite color. I am a huge fan of burlap, twine and wicker baskets so I think the blue will be a great medium.

I would like to paint the vainty and cabinetry to be distressed like this dresser. I love the idea of chalkboard paint somewhere in the house, so I think I will paint the backsplash of the cabinets with it. I like the pendant lights because they are clean but not too modern.

I am also going to tile the floor probably with the help of my step dad. I visisted my local Habit for Humanity store and they have all kinds of great tiles, fixtures and so many great and cheap items for updating your home.




Stay tuned for the final project!

No comments:

Post a Comment