Friday, October 28, 2011

Mom Inspired TOMS and Robeez= mOMeez

If you know my family, you know that we are all very creative in our own ways. Everyone plays an instrument or two, Christopher is a remarkable painter, mom is a true crafster at heart and I love to sew, scrapbook, create and spend hours in a craft store.
Recently I was searching the internet because I wanted to buy Mason some shoes for the Winter to keep his feet warm. I looked at Robeez which are very popular baby shoes because they mimic bare feet and are very durable. On the other hand I wanted a pair of TOMS because they are more like my style, very down to earth and fun colors.
Due to the fact that Mason is growing like a weed, I can't justify spending $30+ dollars on a pair of shoes that he may not get to wear the whole Winter.

Have No Fear

With a little research I found the perfect pattern to make Mason some pretty sweet kicks and that is just what I did. I Googled "DIY Baby Shoes" and this tutorial popped up. So, down to my basement I went to see what fabric I had laying around. I actually had just enough leather left over from another project to get started. You can use any fabric you want for the tops of the shoes so I just used blue and khaki for the first pair. After some trial and error and sewing one shoe inside out, I made my prototype.

If fit Mason and was super cute. The next pair that I made, I added a little flare to and embroidered on the tops and used elastic on the heel and hid it instead of a string. Here are a few pictures of what I made. Once I make a few more pairs and iron out all of the details, I will try and post a tutorial of how I made them.

These are the Robeez

These are the TOMS


INTRODUCING......... mOMeez


"Fashionable footwear created by a loving mom for her sweet baby boy"










Still lots of tweaking to do but I think they are pretty cute.

2 comments:

  1. I want some! They are seriously so cute. I'm in the same boat as you because I can't find a pair of shoes that will actually stay on Sully's feet so I hate spending money on them. Can't wait for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah thats awesome!! I want some in black and white for me

    ReplyDelete