Thursday, September 22, 2011

Moore County Farmers Market



       

Every Thursday, vendors from near and far line the parking lot of the armory on Morganton road in Southern Pines, NC. Today when I went, I took $20.00 out of my wallet, put Mason in the baby bjorn and set out on a mission to get some fresh produce and something yummy to make for dinner. That is just what I did.......

I got tomatoes, fresh basil, apples, an eggplant, a loaf of homemade tomato and basil bread from Our Daily Bread in Carthage, NC and 4 of the most beautiful sweet potatoes ever! The best part is, that I only spent $13.00.When I got home, I made lasagna with fresh basil on top and a yummy apple crisp.
Tomorrow, I am going to make tomato, basil and mozzarella sandwiches and the eggplant parmesan for dinner.
 I love fresh and local produce, btw, you can't see it in the picture to well but I only live 10 minutes from the farmers market and the loaf of bread did not make it home with out being opened and sampled. It was delish!



1 comment: