Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Roasted Banana Pudding


Yesterday while waiting in line at the grocery store, I started flipping through the Cooking Light magazine, I noticed lots of great ideas but the main one that stuck out to me was the Roasted Banana Pudding. I have never attempted to make this Southern treat before, however, lately I have seen so many posts on Pinterest in regards to what happens to a banana when you bake it. Supposedly they get super gooey and delicious.

There were a few catches though:
I needed it to be ready in a short amount of time
I didn't feel like spending an hour and a half making homemade banana pudding to go with it.
At a whopping 295 Calories for 2/3 of a cup, I decided to whack a few calories


I modified a few things and it still turned out awesome.

3 ripe unpeeled bananas
2 cups 2% milk
8-10 whole graham crackers
1 package instant vanilla pudding
3 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs cinnamon
whipped Cream of choice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

1. Place unpeeled bananas on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove bananas and with a sharp knife cut down the center of each banana exposing about half of the flesh. Sprinkle each banana with 1 Tbs of brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Bake an additional 5 minutes on 450 degrees.

2. Let bananas cool and in the mean time, follow the package directions for making the instant pudding and crumble all of the graham crackers (Note: don't turn the crackers into sprinkles, you still want the texture)

3. Once the bananas have cooled, cut them in to 1/4-1/2" slices. Start with a layer of graham crackers, then add a layer of pudding. Do this until all of the pudding and crackers are gone. Top with the roasted bananas and chill until ready. Top with whipped cream of choice and voila!


1 comment:

  1. What i don't realize is in reality how you are

    now not really much more well-

    preferred than you might be right now. You are so intelligent. You already know thus significantly in terms of this topic, made me

    for my part imagine it from so many varied angles. Its like men and women don't
    seem to be

    involved until it’s something to do with Woman gaga!
    Your own stuffs great.

    At all times handle it up!
    Feel free to surf my weblog spain tour packages madrid

    ReplyDelete